- 1 pkg. (4 oz) Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- COCONUT-PECAN FROSTING:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 pkg. (7 ounces) coconut
- 1-1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover bottoms of 3 round cake pans with parchment paper. Melt chocolate and water in a double boiler bowl on medium until melted, stirring continually until chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt, set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in melted chocolate and the vanilla. Add flour mixture 1/4 at a time alternately with the buttermilk, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir into batter. Pour evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes. Cool cake layers completely. Spread coconut-pecan frosting between cake layers and onto top of cake.
- Beat egg yolks, milk and vanilla in large saucepan with whisk until well blended. Add sugar and coconut oil and cook on medium heat until thickened and golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Add coconut and nuts and mix well. Cool to desired consistency. Makes enough to frost 3 cake layers or 36 cupcakes.
I suggest Aurora Indica a 15-20% THC content and is a cross between Northern Lights and Afghan. The bud is flavorful with notes of earthy pungent spice and pine. Or you can take big rips from your bong with Critical Kusha 100% Indica strain, cross of Critical Mass x Pakistani Kush with THC at 25% and 2.1% medicinal CBD. Earthy and piney notes, with a citrus bite. End of the night smoke. Be warned.